TERMS & CONDITIONS OF COURSE
In consideration of being permitted to attend and participate in the training courses (the “Courses”) provided by Phlebotomy Now, LLC (the “Company”), you hereby acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to all of the terms and conditions listed below.
1. Eligibility. All students enrolled in the Courses must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to participate and become a certified phlebotomy technician and members of the American Registry of Phlebotomy Technicians (ARPT).
2. ARPT. The ARPT is an independent non-profit organization. The Company works in connection with the sponsorship of the ARPT to provide approved course curriculum that will prepare students to become certified phlebotomy technicians. ARPT membership is limited to individuals who are planning to attend a training program approved by the ARPT, and all individuals must meet the ARPT’s expectations and requirements. The requirements for ARPT membership are as follows:
- Must have a GED or high school diploma equivalency;
- Must be 18 years of age;
- Must be actively pursuing phlebotomy certification or have already received phlebotomy certification from an ARPT approved course;
- Must agree to actively pursue self study from scientific journals on a quarterly basis;
- Must support other members and provide helpful information if requested by another member to further education; and
- Must not be a member of any other competing phlebotomy associations.
ARPT membership guidelines are subject to change. In the event that you choose to no longer hold membership with the ARPT, please notify us in writing via email at email@example.com.
3. Materials. The Company will provide, and you will have access to, materials that may include, without limitation, documents, systems, methods, procedures, techniques, manuals, training materials, testing materials, quizzes, assignments, studies, outlines, audio or audiovisual recordings, databases, plans, or other expressions in any tangible medium (collectively, “Materials”) for use in connection with the Courses. All of the Materials are provided “AS IS” and without warranty, express or implied, of any kind. The Company does not offer any promises or guarantees with regard to the Courses or Materials.
4. Confidentiality. The Courses and any of its accompanying Materials may not be shared with any third party. If the Company suspects that you are sharing the Courses, Materials, and/or log-in information with any party, the Company reserves the right to immediately terminate your access to the Courses and Materials in the Company’s sole and exclusive discretion.
5. Ownership. You agree that the Courses, Materials, the Company’s website, and any other services provided by the Company are the property of the Company, including all copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, and other intellectual property (“Company IP”). You agree that the Company owns all rights, title, and interest in and to the Company IP and that you will not use the Company IP for any unlawful or infringing purpose. You agree not to reproduce or distribute the Company IP in any way, including electronically or via registration of any new trademarks, trade names, service marks or Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), without express written permission from the Company.
6. Teachable. As a participant in the Course, you will be required to be registered with our online third party learning platform, Teachable. The user identifier required for registration will be your name and email address. You will receive a link to complete registration which will require you to pick a password. These identifiers will be pulled directly from your application. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of this information. This identifying information will enable you to participate in the Courses. You must not share such identifying information with any third party, and if you discover that your identifying information has been compromised, you agree to notify us immediately in writing. Email notification will suffice at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are responsible for maintaining the safety and security of your identifying information and keeping us apprised of any changes to your identifying information. Providing false or inaccurate information, or using the Courses, the Materials, or the Company’s website to further fraud or unlawful activity is grounds for immediate termination of your access to the Courses and Materials.
7. Third Parties. The Company engages third parties, such as PayPal and Teachable, to offer and provide the Courses and Materials. Such parties, aside from the ARPT, will hereinafter be referred to as a “Third Party.” The Company has no discretion to alter, update, or control the content on a Third Party’s website. The fact that the Company has provided a link to a Third Party website is not an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation with respect to such website, its owners, or its providers. There are inherent risks in relying upon, using, or retrieving any information found on the internet, and the Company urges you to make sure you understand these risks before relying upon, using, or retrieving any such information on a Third Party website.
The Company does not endorse and is not responsible for (a) the accuracy or reliability of an opinion, advice, or statement made by a Third Party, (b) any content provided on a Third Party’s website or platform, or (c) the capabilities or reliability of any product or service obtained or offered from a Third Party. Other than as required under applicable consumer protection law, under no circumstances will the Company be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained through a Third Party, or your reliance on any product or service obtained from a Third Party. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any opinion, advice, or other content available through or obtained from a Third Party. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific opinion, advice, product, service, or other content.
8. Force Majeure. In no event shall the Company be responsible or liable for any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations arising out of or caused, directly or indirectly, by reason of (a) a strike, walk out, or other labor interruption, (b) disturbance, riot, fire, explosion, war, armed conflict, governmental action, storm, flood, act of God, (c) loss or malfunctions of utilities, communications, or computer (software and hardware) services, or (d) any similar cause or event which is beyond the control of the Company; it being understood that the Company shall use reasonable efforts which are consistent with accepted practices in the industry to resume performance as soon as practicable under the circumstances.
9. No Relationship. You acknowledge and agree that any information posted in the Courses, in the Materials, or on the Company’s website is not intended to be legal advice, medical advice, or financial advice, and no fiduciary relationship has been created between you and us.
10. Indemnification. You agree to defend and indemnify the Course Provider and any of our affiliates (if applicable) and hold us harmless against any and all legal claims and demands, including reasonable attorney’s fees, which may arise from or relate to your participation in the Course, your use or misuse of the Website, your breach of this Agreement, or your conduct or actions.
11. Other. In addition to the foregoing, you also agree to the following:
- You are solely and exclusively responsible for the choices that you make with regard to the Courses, the Materials, or any significant changes to your business or life;
- You are solely and exclusively responsible for your own mental health, physical
- health, business decisions, and any other actions or inaction you choose to take;
- Your participation in the Courses is at your own risk;
- The Company does not assume responsibility or liability for any advice or other information given in the Courses, in the Materials, or on the Company’s website; and
- The Company is not liable for any result or non-result or any consequences which may come about due to your participation in the Courses.